Re: [HACKERS] How to ignore system indexes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] How to ignore system indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > One solution is to use pg_upgrade.  It allows an initdb and recreate of
> > all tables without reload.
> > --
>
> Isn't it a big charge to execute pg_upgrade for a huge database ?
> I have never used pg_upgrade.
> Is pg_upgrade available now ?
> Is pg_upgrade reliable ?

It has been around since 6.3?  It allows initdb, recreates the tables,
then moves the data files back into place.  There is even a manual page.

> My design is as follows.
>
> postgres -P test   /* I'm using -P as a new option temporarily */.
>
> > reindex database test;  (all system indexes of a db)
> > reindex table pg_class; (all indexes of a system table)
> > reindex index pg_index_indexrelid_index; (a system index)
>
> If we could ignore system indexes,it won't be difficult to implement
> REINDEX command itself..

Not sure how to find all those places.

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] How to ignore system indexes
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] How to ignore system indexes