Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC & Netscape

От Erkki Seppala
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC & Netscape
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Thu, Jan 06, 2000 at 11:27:44AM -0000, Peter Mount wrote:

> Note, I don't play with applets, but I know a lot of people do, but
> Netscape should be fine. Only IE seems to have a problem.

> the .:postgresql.jar codebase is new to me - perhaps other applet
> authors can confirm if its the correct syntax. Before, people have had
> to merge their classes and postgresql.jar.

> If the syntax is correct, let me know, and I'll add a note about it in
> the documentation.

It seems to me I made a thinko at some point: I should've had been thinking
about 'archive' all the time, instead of 'codebase'. However, I noted an
interesting thing: archive="foo.jar,postgresql.jar" works. I mean, this
works:

<applet code=SqlApplet archive="sqlapplet.jar,postgresql.jar" width=100
height=100></applet>

Of course, I didn't have the class-file around why I tested it.

Don't know if that is thought to be general knowledge (according to you
it's not?), but atleast the documentation I have doesn't reveal it.

Also, another interesting thing I noted, which is really distribution
relevant instead of postgresql: with debian distribution of postgres,
uncompressing and recompressing postgresql.jar shrinks it by 50%
(from 143 kbytes to 71 kbytes).
     Erkki Seppälä\   \   / /_ / // // /\ \/ /                       Inside Informatics ry\  /  /_/  /_/ \___/
/_/\_\@inside.org       http://www.inside.org/~flux/

Сообщение: RE: [INTERFACES] JDBC & Netscape
Сообщение: RE: [INTERFACES] JDBC & Netscape