RE: [INTERFACES] JDBC & Netscape

От Peter Mount
Тема RE: [INTERFACES] JDBC & Netscape
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Note, I don't play with applets, but I know a lot of people do, but
Netscape should be fine. Only IE seems to have a problem.

the .:postgresql.jar codebase is new to me - perhaps other applet
authors can confirm if its the correct syntax. Before, people have had
to merge their classes and postgresql.jar.

If the syntax is correct, let me know, and I'll add a note about it in
the documentation.

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support
Maidstone Borough Council

-----Original Message-----
From: Erkki Seppala [mailto:flux@inside.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2000 11:03 AM
To: pgsql-interfaces@postgreSQL.org
Subject: [INTERFACES] JDBC & Netscape

Is it possible to run postgresql's jdbc-module under netscape? I managed
to create a simple local application (non-applet) that dumps a part of
table, but doing the same in the applet doesn't seem to work. It can't
find the class "postgresql.Driver".

I used 'codebase=".:postgresql.jar"' in the html, and as
"postgresql.jar:."
works just as fine (it still can find the original .class) compared to
just
plain "postgresql.jar", I assume this is the correct syntax.

broken)
     Erkki Seppälä\   \   / /_ / // // /\ \/ /                       Inside Informatics ry\  /  /_/  /_/ \___/
/_/\_\@inside.org       http://www.inside.org/~flux/