Problems with unique constraints

От Massimo Ortensi
Тема Problems with unique constraints
Дата
Re: Problems with unique constraints  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-admin
I had troubles with some unique constraints recently.

They simply didn't work, not seeing some records (select found only 47
records with specific values instead of 65, insert could create
duplicate records).

The constraint were on multiple columns. Drop constraint and create
constraint fixed the problem.

This happened on two servers :

- a version 10 server,  where an abnormal poweroff happened 6 months
ago, found 3 tables with the problem throughout last 6 months.

- a test server, found the problem on 1 table after upgrading version 10
to 14

Anythng similar happened to anybody ?
How can I find out if similar problems are present ? constraint and
index looked ok and were used