Re: Potential G2-item cycles under serializable isolation

От Kyle Kingsbury
Тема Re: Potential G2-item cycles under serializable isolation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 6/14/20 9:30 PM, Thomas Munro wrote:
> By my reading of their manual, MySQL (assuming InnoDB) uses SI for
> REPEATABLE READ just like us, and it's also their default level.
>
> https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/innodb-consistent-read.html

That can't be right. MySQL repeatable read allows lost update, write skew, and
at least some kinds of read skew: it's got to be weaker than SI and also weaker
than RR. I think it's actually Monotonic Atomic View plus some read-only
constraints?

https://github.com/ept/hermitage

<sigh> I really gotta do a report on MySQL too...

--Kyle