Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network

От David Steele
Тема Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 3/6/18 1:53 PM, Rui DeSousa wrote:

>> On Mar 6, 2018, at 1:47 PM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net
>> <mailto:david@pgmasters.net>> wrote:
>>
>> It's true that there are no good base utilities for this purpose, not
>> sure why NFS would be an exception, though.
>
> NFS file writes are synchronous writes on the NFS server — unless you
> make them asynchronous which makes for a bad NFS server.

In my experience this is common -- because it gives better performance
and most people don't understand the risks.

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Сообщение: Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network
Сообщение: Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network