Re: BUG: pgScript NOT thread safe!!

От Mickael Deloison
Тема Re: BUG: pgScript NOT thread safe!!
Дата
Re: BUG: pgScript NOT thread safe!!
Список pgadmin-support
2009/6/25 Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>:
> Ashesh Vashi wrote:
>>  Hi Dave,
>>
>> This patch does the job.
>> But, it will not be able disable to toolbar buttons on each windows.
>> Introduced a static variable of type wxMutex for these operations.
>>
>> Please take a look at it.
>
> I'd rather see something that throws up a messagebox informing the user
> that parallel execution of pgscript is not supported, if this is the
> route we have to go down.
>
> --
>  Magnus Hagander
>  Self: http://www.hagander.net/
>  Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Hi,

Very sorry for this bug. I did not take into account the case when one
uses 2 or more Query tool windows. If one launches two windows, it
will create two pgsApplication. However, it will use the same
Flex/Bison parser. Actually I can''t do anything about Flex & Bison
not supporting multiple threads.

So the only immediate fix I see is the one provided by Ashesh plus
showing a message box when a script is running saying that a script is
already running (Magnus suggestion). I do not currently have a
development environment up-to-date: Ashesh, could you add the message
box please?

I write down this bug in my TODO list and will try to manage it better
later. Once again, sorry for this bug.

Regards,
Mickael

Сообщение: Re: BUG: pgScript NOT thread safe!!
Сообщение: Re: BUG: pgScript NOT thread safe!!