Re: Weird problem that enormous locks

От Radosław Smogura
Тема Re: Weird problem that enormous locks
Дата
Список pgsql-general
 On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 18:36:19 +0800, Tony Wang wrote:
> Weird that I receive your each message twice.
>
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 15:33, Radoslaw Smogura  wrote:
>
>> Simple and obvious question right now do You call commit after
>> transaction? If yes do you use any query or connection pooler?
>
> Yes. connection pool is used as application level, not db level.
> no commit after transaction is possible (Im trying to check the
> logic), I just cannot imagine it happened for so many users at the
> same time, and then calmed down for long time, and came again.
>
> I found the query I used to log locks would miss locks that relname
> is
> null. will add that, though no idea why its null
>

>> ------------------------
>> Regards,
>> Radoslaw Smogura
>> (mobile)
>> -------------------------

 Actually I don't know what pool You use (I think PHP - I don't know
 much about this), but I imagine following, If You don't use auto commit
 or commit:
 1. User A updates moneys, gets connections C1, locks his row, no commit
 2. User A updates moneys again, gets connection C2, but C1 still holds
 lock.
 Regards,
 Radosław Smogura

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Weird problem that enormous locks
От: Radosław Smogura
Сообщение: Re: Weird problem that enormous locks