Re: [BUGS] Concurrent ALTER SEQUENCE RESTART Regression

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [BUGS] Concurrent ALTER SEQUENCE RESTART Regression
Дата
Re: [BUGS] Concurrent ALTER SEQUENCE RESTART Regression  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On 4/26/17 21:12, Andres Freund wrote:
> I think it's unacceptable to regress with an error message here.  I've
> seen sequence DDL being used while concurrent DML was onging in a number
> of production use cases, and just starting to error out instead of
> properly blocking doesn't seem acceptable to me.

It's not clear to me what the use case is here that we are optimizing
for.  The best solution would depend on that.  Running concurrent ALTER
SEQUENCE in a tight loop is probably not it. ;-)