Re: psycopg is the new psycopg3?

От Federico Di Gregorio
Тема Re: psycopg is the new psycopg3?
Дата
Список psycopg
On 11/11/20 09:44, Matthieu Rigal wrote:
> I do also second that opinion. Also, the problem of "3" being connotated
> in Python is fading out. Nobody should be scared by a "3" anymore...
>
> My 3.9 cents
>
> Le mer. 11 nov. 2020 à 09:30, Oleksandr Shulgin
> <oleksandr.shulgin@zalando.de <mailto:oleksandr.shulgin@zalando.de>> a
> écrit :
>
>     On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 7:27 PM Vladimir Ryabtsev
>     <greatvovan@gmail.com <mailto:greatvovan@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         As long as psycopg2 is not disappearing anywhere, psycopg3 seems
>         better.
>         New users will interpret psycopg2 as "more advanced psycopg".
>

>     I second that opinion.  Also, a suggestion to skip "3" and go with
>     "4" doesn't seem to help against the Python version confusion
>     concern, assuming there is Python4 in some (distant?) future.

Reading all the messages I have second toughts. If psycopg2 is here to
stay, i.e., if it will not be completely replaced by "psycopg3" (and by
completely I mean shutting down everything about it) then we will have
the following situation:

psycopg2 version 2.x.y
psycopg  version 3.w.z

that at first sight is a bit confusing, isn't it?

federico

В списке psycopg по дате отправления: