Re: Where to find information on the new HOT tables?

От Chris Hoover
Тема Re: Where to find information on the new HOT tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Feb 7, 2008 6:48 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Bruce Momjian escribió:
> Dimitri Fontaine wrote:

> > What about Alvaro's concern about manual vacuuming policies editing wrt to
> > HOT?
>
> I think most people will be using autovacuum, and those who aren't will
> have to realize that HOT makes vacuuming less needed.

Hmm, and how will they realize it, if they don't understand how HOT
comes into the equation?

How about just adding a "for more information look here link" pointing to http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/backend/access/heap/README.HOT?rev=1.2

That is the link Alvaro sent me in the first part of the thread.  It was a very good read explaining how HOT works along with the caveats.

Chris

--
Come see how to SAVE money on fuel, decrease harmful emissions, and even make MONEY.  Visit http://colafuelguy.mybpi.com and join the revolution!