Re: Major Problems with PostgreSQL Logs (8.1.3)

От Chris Hoover
Тема Re: Major Problems with PostgreSQL Logs (8.1.3)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Is there an easy way to see if this is the problem?  How can I verify the size of PIPEBUF, and additionally, how do you tell the exact size of the statement being logged?

"Chris Hoover" < revoohc@gmail.com> writes:
> ---I am having a major problem with the PostgreSQL log files.  We have sql
> logging turned on for recovery purposes, and have discovered a problem.  We
> have lines of sql being interrupted by the next log line before they
> complete.  The interrupting log line is not starting at the beginning of a
> line, but rather cutting right into the middle of the previous log line.
> Eventually, the intrrupted log line is completed.  This is causing serious
> issues for us, since we can not rely on the log files to be accurrate.

You might try using syslog logging, although I'm not sure whether it
would really be much better.  If your log messages exceed PIPEBUF (8K
typically) then writes to the redirect_stderr process are not going to
be atomic, and there's not all that much we can do about it.