Re: Postmaster log perms and line suffix

От Chris Hoover
Тема Re: Postmaster log perms and line suffix
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On 26 Apr 2006 12:39:26 -0400, Jerry Sievers <jerry@jerrysievers.com> wrote:
Pgadmins, 2 loosly related questions

1. We have need to let developers view the postmaster logs on some of
   our environments and wish NOT to give them access to the postgres
   Unix acct if possible.  It looks though as if log file perms are
   determined by the global umask set in postmaster.c and is not
   changeable without either changing the umask or adding some chmod
   lines to syslogger.c.

Q: Am I missing an easier way to do this?  I realize the risks
involved here.

I did this in my non-production systems by having the log files in a different partition from the database.  I symlinked pg_log to the log partition so that the database would see the log files in the expected place.  I then have the permissions on the log partition set so the developers can get in with read only access.  I also use a cron job to set the permissions on the log files each night so they are readable by the developers.  This has been working very well for us.