Re: how to check objects dependency??

От adey
Тема Re: how to check objects dependency??
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Doesn't ownership also apply to views and stored procs...

On 11/1/07, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
On 10/31/07, Jessica Richard <rjessil@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am trying to drop a user but it complained with the following message:
>
> ERROR:  role "joe" cannot be dropped because some objects depend on it
> DETAIL:  1 objects in database Jan_test
> 1 objects in database Jan
>
> this user does not own any tables in those two databases. Is there any
> command I can use to check all the dependencies on this user?

What version of pgsql are you running?  In 8.2 I get a more useful
error message for a table that is owned by a user, i.e.:

ERROR: role ... cannot be dropped ...
DETAIL: owner of table <tablename>

Have you looked in the logs to see if something like that shows up in them?

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster