Re: ERROR: new collation (en_US.UTF-8) is incompatible with the collation of the template database (en_US.utf-8)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: ERROR: new collation (en_US.UTF-8) is incompatible with the collation of the template database (en_US.utf-8)
Дата
Ответ на Re: ERROR: new collation (en_US.UTF-8) is incompatible with the collation of the template database (en_US.utf-8)  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 23.06.22 20:21, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> Not sure why that is necessary? Is seems this is low hanging fruit
>> that could dealt with by the equivalent of lower('en_US.UTF-8') =
>> lower('en_US.utf-8').
>
> Well that was clear as mud. My point was that I don't see why the end
> user should have to do this when it could be handled internally in the
> pg_restore code.

There are also cases where on one system the locale is spelled
xx_YY.UTF8 and on another xx_YY.UTF-8.  If we start adjusting for case,
should we adjust for this as well?  What other cases are there?

So this would need a bit more research.