Need assistance in incremental backup for my environment

От Vinod V
Тема Need assistance in incremental backup for my environment
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi Team,

We need to implement incremental backup (PITR) in our environment, since our production database is in high risk.

We are running with PostgreSQL 9.1

We need to implement this on both Windows7 and Linux platforms.

We were able to get the WAL files generated on Windows platform but the recovery from the log files are not happening. Below were the error messages that we were getting when trying to restore it (while restarting the server).

2013-01-10 01:58:46 PST LOG:  could not bind IPv6 socket: No error
2013-01-10 01:58:46 PST HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait a few seconds and retry.
2013-01-10 01:58:46 PST LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: No error
2013-01-10 01:58:46 PST HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait a few seconds and retry.
2013-01-10 01:58:46 PST WARNING:  could not create listen socket for "*"
2013-01-10 01:58:46 PST FATAL:  could not create any TCP/IP sockets

Below are the archive_command and restore_command,which I am using (on Windows7).

wal_level = archive

archive_mode = on

archive_command = 'copy "%p" "C:\\Program Files\\PostgreSQL\\9.1\\data\\wals\\%f"'

restore_command=’copy ‘C:\\Program Files\\PostgreSQL\\9.1\\data\\wals\\%f %p’

Please correct me if I am following a wrong procedure.

Thanks,

Vinod V

This e-mail contains Privileged and Confidential Information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). It shall not attach any liability on the
sender or Collabera or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the sender and may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of Collabera or its affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify
the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. While Collabera has taken reasonable precautions to minimize this risk, Collabera accepts no
liability for any damage that may be caused to you in the event that there is any virus in this e-mail or any attachments attached hereto. It is the
addresses(s) duty to check and scan this email and any attachments attached hereto for the presence of viruses prior to opening the email.
** Thank You **