Re: BUG #7914: pg_dump aborts occasionally

От Shin-ichi MORITA
Тема Re: BUG #7914: pg_dump aborts occasionally
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> I tried nice'ing pg_dump without any success in making it bloat memory.
> I'm suspicious that there's something Windows-specific in what you're
> seeing, because it's fairly hard to credit that nobody's seen this
> problem in the ten years or so that libpq has been doing it like that.
>
> Can anyone else manage to reproduce a similar behavior?

I tried several other conditions as well including Linux,
32bit OS, non-virtual environments, and so on.

However, so far, I have not been able to reproduce this issue yet
with conditions other than the following combination:

Hypervisor: VMware vSphere Hypervisor 5.1
Allocated vCPUs: 1
Allocated Memory: more than 2GB
OS: Windows Server 2012 or 2008R2 (64bit)
Run pg_dump under high load
or run pb_dump with the Low priority using Windows Task Manager

This might be a rare case.

By the way, we have already worked around this issue by adding --inserts.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Shin-ichi MORITA