Re: BUG #7914: pg_dump aborts occasionally

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #7914: pg_dump aborts occasionally
Дата
Re: BUG #7914: pg_dump aborts occasionally  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
"Shin-ichi MORITA" <s-morita@beingcorp.co.jp> writes:
>> If so, perhaps injecting a sleep() delay into the right place in pg_dump
>> or libpq would make it reproducible?

> An alternative way would be running pg_dump with a lower priority.
> Actually, I can reproduce this issue by setting the priority of
> pg_dump to Low using Windows Task Manager
> on the "single processor" environment.

I tried nice'ing pg_dump without any success in making it bloat memory.
I'm suspicious that there's something Windows-specific in what you're
seeing, because it's fairly hard to credit that nobody's seen this
problem in the ten years or so that libpq has been doing it like that.

Can anyone else manage to reproduce a similar behavior?