Re: problems installing postgresql 8.0 on Mac OS

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: problems installing postgresql 8.0 on Mac OS
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Jun 11, 2007, at 7:52 PM, jbar@es.co.nz wrote:

> The
> installer seemed to run fine, but afterward I find that
> there are no postgres
> files in my /sw/ directory. It has installed files in
> /Applications/ instead, but I
> suspect they are just gui front-ends.

/sw is just for Fink, so I would expect nothing to go there unless
you are using Fink.

Which package did you download from sourceforge? I notice there are
several variations and some might only have the client tools. It
looks like you want the "PostgreSQL Unified Installer".

I downloaded the startup item package. It appears to install the
server in /Library folder. Here is the startup line:

su -m postgres -c '/Library/PostgreSQL8/bin/pg_ctl start -D /Library/
PostgreSQL8/data -l /Library/PostgreSQL8/log/PostgreSQL8.log -o -i'

>  Both use source rather than
> binaries. Both show
> ./configure commands that will only work if I first have
> postgres installed
> either at /usr/local/src/ (which I believe is not a valid
> path) or /users/shared/,
> but I don't see any way for ./configure to work even if I
> pointed it at /
> Applications/PostgreSQL\ Folder/.

It does not matter where you put the source to compile it. Just
change to the directory where the source is. And you can have it put
the binaries wherever you want if you provide the --prefix option to
make.

If you don't have Apple's developer tools installed (required to
build from source), I suggest you ask sourceforge project admins for
help on their list or forum. They just put out a new version, so I'm
sure they would be interested to know if there are problems.

John

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

Сообщение: Re: problems installing postgresql 8.0 on Mac OS
Сообщение: Re: problems installing postgresql 8.0 on Mac OS