Re: libpq (C++) - Insert binary data

От Steve Atkins
Тема Re: libpq (C++) - Insert binary data
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sep 30, 2010, at 8:26 AM, GOO Creations wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm sitting for days now, and I can't get this to work:
>
> I want to insert binary data (bytea) into my postgres DB via the c++ libpq.
>
> What I have is a char* (actually a QByteArray) and I want to insert it into the DB and the retrieve it from there
again.

> I can't find any good examples or tutorials online, so can anyone help me (or direct met to a tutorial) on how to
insertbinary data and retrieve it again?

Is there any reason you're not using the Qt database API? It'll map onto what you're doing much more easily than using
libpq.

(Also, libpq isn't a C++ API, so maybe you're thinking of something else, like libpqxx?)

Cheers,
  Steve

От: GOO Creations
Сообщение: Re: libpq (C++) - Insert binary data
От: GOO Creations
Сообщение: Re: libpq (C++) - Insert binary data