Re: ERROR: CREATE DATABASE: could not initialize database directory

От s0lao@netscape.net (S. L.)
Тема Re: ERROR: CREATE DATABASE: could not initialize database directory
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
[...]
>If I run postmaster as a daemon from a cygwin telnet session, createdb works
>fine.
>If I run postmaster as a service (via the cygrunsrv), createdb return the
>error: "could not initialize database directory".
[...]

This means the user you login to the telnet session is different from the user that executes postmaster as a service
(usuallySYSTEM or LocalSystem, which, usually again :), is not provided with the rights to login), and/or the options
usedto start the postmaster as a daemon are different from those used to start it as a service.

[...]
>Any hints ?

[...]

You must check the user context for the two cases, and make sure that you use the same command line options for
postmasterwhen started as a service, also the environment variables.

SLao

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with
Shop@Netscape!http://shopnow.netscape.com/