RE: JDBC 'Unterminated quoted string'

От Peter Mount
Тема RE: JDBC 'Unterminated quoted string'
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Yes this is the correct place to report bugs in JDBC.

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support Officer, Maidstone Borough Council
Email: petermount@maidstone.gov.uk
WWW: http://www.maidstone.gov.uk
All views expressed within this email are not the views of Maidstone Borough
Council

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Farley [mailto:chris@northernbrewer.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2000 5:50 AM
To: Grant Finnemore
Cc: pgsql-interfaces@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC 'Unterminated quoted string'

Grant,  Thanks for the -d2 tip, it will make my life a lot easier for quite
some time!  Actually, I already tested the 'unescaped single quote' theory, and the
JDBC driver *does* escape them for you.   The problem in my case seems to be that the JDBC driver is throwing the
'unterminated quoted string' because I am inserting a null value into a
char(1) field. I do not have any 'not null' constraints on the field.   I can easily work around this problem now that
Iunderstand it, but I'm

pretty sure this is not correct behavior for the JDBC driver. Is this the
proper forum to report bugs, if this is indeed a bug?

----
Christopher Farley
Northern Brewer / 1150 Grand Avenue / St. Paul, MN 55105
www.northernbrewer.com