JDBC 'Unterminated quoted string'

От Christopher Farley
Тема JDBC 'Unterminated quoted string'
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I am migrating a Java application from a commercial RDBMS to
Postgresql. The transition has been near-seamless, except I am getting a
troublesome SQLException when executing one of my PreparedStatement
objects.

The SQLException is 'Unterminated quoted string', and it occurs on a
simple SQL insert statement. I have other insert statements which execute
flawlessly, and this particular statement worked fine on a different
database.

I searched the archives and the only information I could find on this
error had to do with quoting question-mark (?) literals with ODBC. Since
the JDBC PreparedStatement uses ?, I was wondering if there was a problem
parsing the PreparedStatement. The only thing that distinguishes the
problematic PreparedStatement is that I am inserting a large number of
columns (21).

I'm using the jdbc7.0-1.1.jar, and running Posgresql 7.0.2.

Thanks if you can help!
----
Christopher Farley
Northern Brewer / 1150 Grand Avenue / St. Paul, MN 55105
www.northernbrewer.com