Ways of loading the JDBC Driver (was RE: )

От Peter Mount
Тема Ways of loading the JDBC Driver (was RE: )
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I'm going to rewrite the README file shortly so I'll add this one in.

So far, the various ways of loading the driver are:

WAGS    Method
.XX.    Adding the .jar file into CLASSPATH
.AX.    Using -Djdbc.driver parameter on command line
.XXX    Place a copy of the .jar file into the jre/lib/ext directory
...X    Place .jar file into wrapper.classpath parameter in jserv.properties
Xnnn    Merging the .jar file contents with the applet's classes
nnnn    Extracting the .jar file contents and not using any .jar files at
all

Where: W    Applets through a web browser/server A    Applications only (not AppletViewer) G    Applications (also
Appletsthrough AppletViewer) S    Servlets

And: X    Will work n    Will work, but not advised .    Will not work

Have I missed any out?

PS: I've ignored the Standard Extensions method from here...

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support Officer, Maidstone Borough Council