RE: Save java objects using JDBC

От Peter Mount
Тема RE: Save java objects using JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Yes, although try the 6.5.3 driver from my website first (which is different
to that released with 6.5.3 [I screwed up the cvs commit then], and if
memory serves there was a protocol fix in that version).

http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/jars/jdbc6.5-1.2.jar

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support Officer, Maidstone Borough Council
Email: petermount@maidstone.gov.uk
WWW: http://www.maidstone.gov.uk
All views expressed within this email are not the views of Maidstone Borough
Council

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Judd [mailto:rjudd@mlug.missouri.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 3:17 PM
To: Peter Mount
Cc: pgsql-interfaces@postgreSQL.org
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] Save java objects using JDBC

> No, when you forget to setAutoCommit(false) you get a different exception.
>
> This is a protocol error. What version of both the Backend, JDBC Driver
and
> JDK are you using?

Very sorry - I meant to put this information in.

jdbc6.5-1.2, postgresql-6.5.3-6 (these two packaged by RedHat)
jdk-1.2.2 (pacakged by Sun)

I remember now that you mention it: a while ago I got the sources to the
jdbc and fixed this problem myself (which is why I thought I had it
working) but I no longer have it available.

Will a simple upgrade solve this?

Thanks a lot, Rob