Re: [GENERAL] WAL & ready files retained after turning off logshipping

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: [GENERAL] WAL & ready files retained after turning off logshipping
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/07/2017 09:32 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:
>> On 09/07/2017 09:08 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Manual cleanup shouldn't be very hard, fortunately.  Run pg_controldata
>>> to see where the last checkpoint is, and delete WAL files whose names
>>> indicate they are before that (but not the one including the checkpoint!).
>> All WAL files after log shipping was stopped will keep accumulating "forever"?
> Hmm ... on second thought, I think if you just remove the .ready/.done
> files, the next checkpoint should clean up the old WAL files.  That'd
> certainly be safer than doing it manually.

This weekend, (early Sunday morning) WAL files on the master started
accumulating again.  Now, .ready files are regenerated every time I delete
them, even though according to pg_controldate the last checkpoint was 28
minutes ago.