PLV8 yum packages

От Jerry Sievert
Тема PLV8 yum packages
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

I’m the maintainer of PLV8, and I’m wondering what it will take to get the postgres yum repositories up to date.

There are a couple of things that you need to know:

1) V8 was affected by Spectre/Meltdown, and the version that has the remediation is 6.4.388.40

2) the version of v8 that the official postgres yum repos use is 3.14, which is 5 years out of date, and only compiles
againstthe unsupported 1.4 branch of plv8 (current is 2.3.0)

3) the v8 build system no longer supports shared object creation under linux (this is a big one), and thus plv8 has
movedto a static build by default, leaving a make shared for platforms that can still build (I believe they have
managedto not break the older build system for macOS, but that seems to be it)

So, given all of that, I’m hoping we can work together to get plv8 updated on the yum repos.  There have been a huge
amountof changes over the last 5 years, ranging from major speed increases, updated language for es6/es7, and bug fixes
(Iback port any security issues to the 1.4 and 1.5 branches, but the v8 api is no longer compatible).

Please let me know how I can help, it would be great to see plv8 in the modern world.

Thanks!

Вложения