Re: [HACKERS] ecpg enhance patch

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: [HACKERS] ecpg enhance patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 27, 1999 at 04:49:19PM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Here is a patch that would enhance the efficiency in that skip strings
> which have been already checked. The patch was made by Kazuko
> Nakagawa. Michael, can you comment on this?

The problem is that the current system allows insertions of placeholders
which are later replaced by values. After applying this patch this will no
longer work. But with some changes we might get almost the same result.

After the p = next_insert(...) p-newcopy characters are already clean. This
should be used. I just noticed that there is a ugly hack in there anyway,
namely the string length calculation via substraction of two pointers. I
wonder if this works with multibyte strings.

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!