Re: [HACKERS] memory dilemma

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] memory dilemma
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Karel Zak - Zakkr <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz> writes:
>     not use cache - hmm.. but I like fast routines (my current
>     to_char() implementation is faster (20-50%) than current
>     date_part()).

I like that one.  Anything else is a potential memory leak, and I really
find it hard to believe that the speed of to_char() itself is going to
be a critical factor in a real-world application.  You have client-to-
backend communication, parsing, planning, I/O, etc that are all going
to swamp out the cost of a single function.