Re: [HACKERS] NOTICE: LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock

От Keith Parks
Тема Re: [HACKERS] NOTICE: LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] NOTICE: LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock  (wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck))
Список pgsql-hackers
wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)

>Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
>> > wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)

>> Has anyone used CVS -D date to backtrack to the date it first started?
>
>    It  also  spit out a "Buffer leak" message once for me today.
>    Did not appear again. But be warned.

Hi,

I reduced the tests to just 2 parallel, varchar and text.
(These 2 did seem to fail regularly)

Here's the results.

=============== Removing old ./tmp_check directory ... ================
=============== Create ./tmp_check directory           ================
=============== Installing new build into ./tmp_check  ================
=============== Initializing check database instance   ================
=============== Starting regression postmaster         ================
Regression postmaster is running - PID=28405 PGPORT=65432
=============== Creating regression database...        ================
CREATE DATABASE
=============== Installing PL/pgSQL...                 ================
=============== Running regression queries...          ================
parallel group1 (2 tests)            ...text  varchar           test varchar              ...  ok          test text
            ...  FAILED

=============== Terminating regression postmaster      ================
ACTUAL RESULTS OF REGRESSION TEST ARE NOW IN FILES run_check.out
AND regress.out

To run the optional big test(s) too, type 'make bigcheck'
These big tests can take over an hour to complete
These actually are: numeric_big

** So only "text" failed, here's the differences.

bash-2.03$ ./checkresults
======   text   ======
0a1,2
> NOTICE:  LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock
> NOTICE:  LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock

** Two notices.

bash-2.03$ cat tmp_check/log/postmaster.log
DEBUG:  Data Base System is starting up at Fri Dec 17 22:40:10 1999
DEBUG:  Data Base System was shutdowned at Fri Dec 17 22:40:09 1999
DEBUG:  CheckPoint record at (0, 776)
DEBUG:  Redo record at (0, 776); Undo record at (0, 0)
DEBUG:  NextTransactionId: 15907; NextOid: 0
DEBUG:  Invalid NextTransactionId/NextOid
DEBUG:  Data Base System is in production state at Fri Dec 17 22:40:10 1999
NOTICE:  LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock
NOTICE:  LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock
Smart Shutdown request at Fri Dec 17 22:40:24 1999
DEBUG:  Data Base System is shutting down at Fri Dec 17 22:40:24 1999
DEBUG:  Data Base System is shutdowned at Fri Dec 17 22:40:24 1999
bash-2.03$

Nothing unusual in the postmaster log. (except the notices)

** Look at the "text.sql" tests though, there's hardly enough
** scope for a couple of lock problems!!

-- *************testing built-in type text  ****************

SELECT 'this is a text string'::text = 'this is a text string'::text AS true;

SELECT 'this is a text string'::text = 'this is a text strin'::text AS false;

CREATE TABLE TEXT_TBL (f1 text);

INSERT INTO TEXT_TBL VALUES ('doh!');
INSERT INTO TEXT_TBL VALUES ('hi de ho neighbor');

SELECT '' AS two, * FROM TEXT_TBL;

** Now here's the odd thing, the notices are lines 1 and 2 in the
** results output file, apparently before the backend has done
** any real work.

NOTICE:  LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock
NOTICE:  LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock
QUERY: SELECT 'this is a text string'::text = 'this is a text string'::text AS t
rue;
true
----
(1 row)

** Maybe this is buffering? I don't know.

** I don't think I have the skills to find the problem but hope
** this may give someone a useful lead.

Keith.