Re: [BUGS] problem creating index in 6,5,3

От Karl DeBisschop
Тема Re: [BUGS] problem creating index in 6,5,3
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
>   cc: pgsql-bugs@postgreSQL.org
>   Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 13:59:13 -0500
>   From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
>
>   Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop@range.infoplease.com> writes:
>   > The problem manifests itself as
>
>   > webusers=> CREATE INDEX zdaily_id ON daily (id);
>   > pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
>   >         This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
>   >         before or while processing the request.
>
>   Is a corefile dumped in the database directory when this happens?
>   If so, can you get a backtrace from it with gdb?

No corefile is dumped

>   > This did work for us using 6.5.1 compiled in house.  Our problems
>   > started with the 6.5.3 RPM.
>
>   Hmm.  We have been seeing some reports recently of other odd behavior
>   with the Linux RPMs (see the "ordering RH6.1" thread on pgsql-hackers).
>   Would you take the time to compile 6.5.3 from source and see if you
>   still see the same behavior?

In progress.  Stumbling over the fact that our VA Research is not
recognized by config.guess -- found out how to fix config.guess to
correct that (I probably should have checked over at FSF first).  Just
patching the SRPM now

>   If you do this, please compile the backend with full debug+assert
>   support, which is to say
>     (a) add --enable-cassert to the configure command;
>     (b) do   make COPT=-g all  instead of just make all.
>   That should make the gdb backtrace a lot more informative, if
>   a coredump happens...
>
>               regards, tom lane

okey dokey.

karl

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] problem creating index in 6,5,3
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] problem creating index in 6,5,3