Re: [BUGS] problem creating index in 6,5,3

От Karl DeBisschop
Тема Re: [BUGS] problem creating index in 6,5,3
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Recompiled with

  (a) add --enable-cassert to the configure command;
  (b) do   make COPT=-g all  instead of just make all.

On the same machine that the backend runs on.

Still same behaviour.  Saw small notice in log file:

proc_exit(0) [#0]
shmem_exit(0) [#0]
exit(0)
proc_exit(0) [#0]
shmem_exit(0) [#0]
exit(0)

Still no core.

I'm not really sure there is a linkage with the ordering thing -
remember that this worked fine a week ago before I upgraded to 6.5.3.
Unless the backend reaches out to different libraries than in 6.5.1, I
think it's unlikely to be RH6n libraries.  Also, even tough RH libs
can be odd, this is not a redhat machine - it's VA linux, which uses
RPMs but is in many aspects different than VA linux.

So I'm still stumped.  For laughs, I think I'll try it on a much less
powerful RH60 box and see what I get.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help diagnose.

Karl