Re: [HACKERS] Availability of SQL standards

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Availability of SQL standards
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote: >As I get more involved with this project, and just in general, I was >thinking that it might
bea good idea to have the SQL standards around. >I understand that the standards organizations are selling those, but a
>quicksearch showed way too many documents at way too high prices in a way >too far away locality. > >Are there any
commerciallyavailable books that cover these as well to a >reasonable extent? I guess I can live without the technical
grammarspecs >if it shrinks volume and price. Of course an overview of actual >implementations (a.k.a. "how does Oracle
doit") might be nice, too. I'm >not talking about any "Intro to SQL" books here, but the full deal. What >do you use?

I have "SQL - The Standard Handbook" by SJ Cannan and GAM Otten, published
by McGraw-Hill 1993.  ISBN: 0-07-707664-8.  It cost me 35 pounds, 5 years
ago.  It covers SQL-92 and it contains an appendix with the syntax in
BNF notation.

--      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/                ========================================
Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver              PGP key from public servers; key
ID32B8FAA1                ========================================    "Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth.
  Therefore despise thou not the chastening of the       Almighty."         Job 5:17

От: Kyle Bateman
Сообщение: Raising funds for PostgreSQL
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Raising funds for PostgreSQL