Re: [HACKERS] perl-DBD-Pg (was Re: BOUNCE pgsql-ports@postgreSQL.org: Non-member submission from[Joe Brenner ] (fwd))

От Ian Macdonald
Тема Re: [HACKERS] perl-DBD-Pg (was Re: BOUNCE pgsql-ports@postgreSQL.org: Non-member submission from[Joe Brenner ] (fwd))
Дата
Ответ на Re: [HACKERS] perl-DBD-Pg (was Re: BOUNCE pgsql-ports@postgreSQL.org: Non-member submission from[Joe Brenner ] (fwd))  (Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon 29 Nov 1999 at 11:59:59 -0500, you wrote:

> perl-DBD is not shipped with RedHat 6.1, according to a browse of my RH
> 6.1 CD and confirmation through rpmfind.net.

Correct.

> According to rpmfind.net, this rpm is in the libc6 contribs for
> RedHat, and was last built in March of 1999.  However, due to the
> dependency on libpq.so.1, it must have been built prior to the
> release of RedHat 6.0,

That's true, it was.

> This RPM needs rebuilding for RedHat 6.1 anyway. The corresponding DBI
> rpm will also need to be rebuilt for the same reason -- the perl module
> structure changed dramatically from RH 5.x to 6.x.

Rather than using the old contrib RPM, look in the PowerTools
directory on a Red Hat mirror site and get hold of perl-DBD-Pg from
there. You'll find it in the powertools/CPAN/CPAN_rev.2/i386
directory. This version was built with libpq.so.2.

The old contrib version was built and uploaded by me at a time when
the version shipped with the Powertools 5.2 CD was either badly out of
date or not even on the CD. Now it's no longer needed.

Best wishes,

Ian
--
Ian Macdonald              | Death before dishonor.  But neither before
Red Hat Certified Engineer | breakfast.