Re: [GENERAL] Cleaning up vacuums

От Jim Mercer
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Cleaning up vacuums
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Nov 24, 1999 at 02:25:11PM +0000, Mark Jewiss wrote:
> Each time I vacuum (from either the script or the command line), I see
> things like:
>
> DEBUG:  --Relation pg_indexes--
> DEBUG:  Pages 0: Changed 0, Reapped 0, Empty 0, New 0; Tup 0: Vac 0,
> Keep/VTL 0/0, Crash 0, UnUsed 0, MinLen 0, MaxLen 0; Re-using: Free/Avail.
> Space 0/0; EndEmpty/Avail. Pages 0/0. Elapsed 0/0 sec.
>
> Redirecting STDERR or STDOUT somewhere doesn't seem to have any effect on
> these messages.
>
> Any ideas anyone?

must be something in your perl script.

i do similar things using /bin/sh scripts as:

  psql -h host -d database -c "vacuum verbose;" > errors 2>&1
  if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then
      Mail -s "vacuum errors" someone < errors
  fi
  rm -f errors

works fine.

also, if you enable syslog (include/config.h) and set up a pg_options file,
i've noticed that verbose level 2 will put the output of vacuum into
the syslog file.

--
[ Jim Mercer                 jim@reptiles.org              +1 416 506-0654 ]
[          Reptilian Research -- Longer Life through Colder Blood          ]