Cleaning up vacuums

От Mark Jewiss
Тема Cleaning up vacuums
Дата
Re: Cleaning up vacuums  (Janos Farkas <chexum@shadow.banki.hu>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

Can't see an answer to this in the archives either....

I'm automating the vacuum of each database I have every night using a cron
job on a perl script.

To tidy things up I want to put all of the messages received when
performing the vacuum into a log file, but cannot get this to work.

Each time I vacuum (from either the script or the command line), I see
things like:

DEBUG:  --Relation pg_indexes--
DEBUG:  Pages 0: Changed 0, Reapped 0, Empty 0, New 0; Tup 0: Vac 0,
Keep/VTL 0/0, Crash 0, UnUsed 0, MinLen 0, MaxLen 0; Re-using: Free/Avail.
Space 0/0; EndEmpty/Avail. Pages 0/0. Elapsed 0/0 sec.

Redirecting STDERR or STDOUT somewhere doesn't seem to have any effect on
these messages.

Any ideas anyone?

Regards,

Mark.