Re: Is PostgreSQL ready for mission critical applications?

От Jochen Topf
Тема Re: Is PostgreSQL ready for mission critical applications?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Kane Tao <death@solaris1.mysolution.com> wrote:
:> And there are some problems of this kind in PostgreSQL. I am logging all
:> logins and logouts from a radius server into PostgreSQL and after it ran
:> well for several months, it slowed to a crawl and vacuum wouldn't work
:> anymore. So, yes, I do have a lot of inserts, although about 6000 inserts
:> a day and a total of a few hundert thausend records is not really much.

: What version of PostgreSQL did this occur on?  And how often were you
: running vacuums?

6.4.something and 6.5.1. Vacuum runs nightly.

Ross J. Reedstrom <reedstrm@wallace.ece.rice.edu> wrote:
: P.S. I noticed you mentioned the 'bug tracking system'. I know that a
: web based bug tracker was tried out earlier this year, but was abandoned
: in favor of the mailing lists.

I tried reporting it to the mailing list which I found in the documentation
or on the web page somewhere, but it didn't accept my message because I was
not subscribed. I figured that maybe the list was only for internal use
of the developers and the web bug tracking system, so I put it into the
web based system. That was a few month ago. I have no idea whether that was
the right thing to do and what happend to that bug report. It is not easy
to find information about that on the web pages or in the documentation.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf - jochen@remote.org - http://www.remote.org/jochen/