Re: [GENERAL] stored procedure revisited

От amy cheng
Тема Re: [GENERAL] stored procedure revisited
Дата
Список pgsql-general

>the closest thing to SP in PG, however, it's limited that it can only
>return one row,
how about use temp tables? too awkward? too slow -- but who cares
that kind of performance? (if that is important, time to go to Oracle etc.).

>and it requires a syntax of 'select func1(args)' which
>is non-intuitive as a substitute for non-resultset SP.
come on, who cares?

>I am not even
>sure if functions achieve what SP is supposed to achieve - saving the
>server time from reparsing the queries; I have a feeling that >functions
>are also just place-holders at this point.
anybody can comment? pg's dbd does not have "prepare", so, seems
that you are right! However, who cares that kind of performance?