Re: [GENERAL] two serial fields within one table?

От amy cheng
Тема Re: [GENERAL] two serial fields within one table?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
different frequency: eventid is much less frequent having
null (i.e., eventid often has values), while schedid usually
always null. A thorough normalized design is make a event table,
then, eventid in table tmpschedule will be, as you suggested, int.
However, eventaddtime is seldom updated. So, I prefer the denormalized
design. Hence 2 serial type fields.

Thanks for your reply. Now I know at least it is not my fault ;-)
I'll try to manually create the missing sequence. Or, just use
sequence directly.