Re: [HACKERS] Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Other then that we won *woo hoo!!* ...
> > what ever did happen? *raised eyebrow*
>
> OK, I was sort of waiting for an update to be posted on the LinuxWorld
> site, but I still don't see anything, so you'll have to take my word
> for it ;)
>
> Here's the full story:
>
> I hadn't heard *anything* from the expo organizers prior to departing
> for San Jose on Wednesday morning, so was a bit leary of my reception
> upon showing up cold. After an hour to get my rental car (seems some
> convention had taken up most of the available ones...), and another 20
> minutes to drive to the San Jose convention center, it took a couple
> of minutes of talking, armed with a printout of our invitation, to get
> onto the exhibit floor without paying money (needless to say, I hate
> parting with a dollar, and hey, we *were* invited ;)

I am heading to bed, but where is the picture?  They must have a digital
camera at JPL somewhere.  It is Nasa/JPL.  Take one off that Mars rover
thingy and post a picture, OK?  :-)

(I see you just got home on Friday.)

Second, my guess is that we are going to be getting one of these every
year, so Marc will need to buy a display case, right?  :-)  If
contribution to open source is a criteria, we will win easily next year.
We just need a few cool'o features for >= 6.6.

> What should I do with the trophy? Send it straight to Marc, or should
> it travel a more indirect route, perhaps passing through Pennsylvania
> and other places first? The box seems fairly sturdy, and if I put it
> into a bigger box then it should travel OK.

Sounds like that run they do for the Olympics with the torch.  "The
PostgreSQL award will be passing through your town on October 12th, at
..."  We could have Linux user groups doing the running.  :-)

The big question is whether the box can make it to Russia.

> So, that's the story, and I'm sticking to it. I stayed up in the area
> another couple of days working, so didn't get home until late Friday
> night.

Thanks for going.

Pennsylvania19026