Port Bug Report: sorting doesn't work

От Unprivileged user
Тема Port Bug Report: sorting doesn't work
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name               : Tomas Pluskal
Your email address      : plusik@pohoda.cz

Category                : runtime: back-end
Severity                : non-critical

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : Linux 2.2.9

  PostgreSQL version : 6.5.1

  Compiler used      : egcs 2.91.66

Hardware:
---------
Pentium

Versions of other tools:
------------------------

Problem Description:
--------------------
I have compiled postgres with --enable-locale and --with-mb=WIN
I have created a database with encoding WIN1250, my locale is set to cs_CZ (normally uses ISO-LATIN-2).
The problem is that when I create a database in encoding LATIN2, the sorting works ok, but with a database in WIN1250,
itstill sorts in LATIN2 (I think), so the national characters are sorted wrong.
The character translation works ok in other cases - for wxample when I run psql and set CLIENT_ENCODING to 'LATIN2',
thequeries for the database in WIN1250 are translated to LATIN2 and displayed OK.

Test Case:

Solution:
---------
I think the backend doesn't do a character translation (when sorting) FROM the encoding of the database TO the encoding
ofcurrent locale (because it sorts with the definition of characters IN current locale).
I think it should.
Thanks.