Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
> Thats NOT THE PROBLEM.
> Although u have localize the  -mieee/float in the date stuff, u have needlessly
> inflicted the -mieee switch on ALL compiled modules.
> I would have prefered it to be makefile  ( Certainly on a SUBSYS.o, and even better on
> on a per module.o) compile under a makefile switch
> ie: ( or something simular )
>
> if eq($(CPUID),alpha)
> myfloat.o:    myfloat.c
>     $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -mieee myfloat.c -o myfloat.o
> fi

OK, I have added code in utils/adt/Makefile as:

    # seems to be required for some date/time stuff 07/19/1999 bjm
    ifeq ($(CPU),alpha)
    CFLAGS+= -mieee
    endif

This is in the current tree, not 6.5.1.  Please test and let me know if
this helps.  I also added a Makefile-visible variable called CPU.  Seems
we really don't have such a variable already available in the
Makefile-scope.