Re: [HACKERS] Re: include-file cleanup

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: include-file cleanup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
> > Well, the script just does the compile with and without the #include.
>
> Oh ... I was assuming you had built something that actually went through
> and gathered up a list of the symbols mentioned in each file.
>
> I fear we are going to be putting back missing includes for a while to
> come; in particular, I'll bet that MULTIBYTE and possibly USE_LOCALE are
> now broken, unless you ran the script with those features enabled.
> There are going to be a few more problems with platform-specific code
> like the one I found in pqcomm.c, too.

I have added the needed files for MULTIBYTE and LOCALE.

> What you did is a good hack as a one-shot cleanup, but I can't see
> wanting to repeat it in future, not even as seldom as every year or two,
> unless we build a much more reliable tool for the job.

OK, I will not run it for another three years.  Some of the tools, like
the one that changes <> to "" as approproate may be good for more
frequent use.  The tool that makes sure every #include has proper
includes may be OK too.  As you suggested, if we run the include removal
script, we can just have it report what it suggests for removal, and
manually review each one.

Pennsylvania19026