Re: [HACKERS] Re: include-file cleanup

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: include-file cleanup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Well, the script just does the compile with and without the #include.

Oh ... I was assuming you had built something that actually went through
and gathered up a list of the symbols mentioned in each file.

I fear we are going to be putting back missing includes for a while to
come; in particular, I'll bet that MULTIBYTE and possibly USE_LOCALE are
now broken, unless you ran the script with those features enabled.
There are going to be a few more problems with platform-specific code
like the one I found in pqcomm.c, too.

What you did is a good hack as a one-shot cleanup, but I can't see
wanting to repeat it in future, not even as seldom as every year or two,
unless we build a much more reliable tool for the job.