Re: [GENERAL] Joins and links

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Joins and links
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Bruce,
>
> Thanks for your informative messages.
>
> > Well, sometimes it is better to have control over when this happens.
> > What is why cluster is nice, and we don't have time to add dynamic
> > cluster right now.
>
> I personally would not see it as a high priority.
>
> My only reason for suggesting it was as a possible way to help provide
> more performance for Leon without adding the full record number support
> that he was asking for.

In fact, you were mentioning that inserting into the middle is slow, but
that sequential adding to the end is good, but in fact, heap already
does this, doesn't it?  I guess if you only add occasionally, it is OK.
Also, our no-over-write table structure had a tendency to mess up that
ordering because updated rows do not go into the same place as the
original row.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Joins and links
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Joins and links