Re: Tuple too big

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Tuple too big
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I've encountered a strange behavior of the VACUUM ANALYZE command.
> > It seems that this command works only if the size of a text field
> > does not exceed approximately 4050 bytes! So the real limit on
> > tuple size is a half of the max tuple size. I've checked this effect
> > on Postgres 6.4.2 (Sparc Solaris 2.5.1) and Postgres 6.5 (SUSE 6.1
> > Linux, kernel 2.2.5). Is this a bug or known feature?
> > The python script used to reproduce this problem and results for
> > v6.4.2 and v6.5 are follows.

OK, I have again written the code to allow tuples to take up a while
block, rather than the 1/2 block limit you were seeing.  It consists of
a bunch of patches, so I can't send them to you, but it will be in
6.5.1, due out July 15th.

Also, the snapshot on ftp.postgresql.org has the changes too.

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Tuple length limit
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Tuple length limit