Port Bug Report: parse error not detected on unterminated quote

От Unprivileged user
Тема Port Bug Report: parse error not detected on unterminated quote
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name               : Kyle Bateman
Your email address      : kyle@actarg.com

Category                : runtime: back-end: SQL
Severity                : serious

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : Linux Redhat 5.2

  PostgreSQL version : 6.5

  Compiler used      :

Hardware:
---------

Versions of other tools:
------------------------
Linux tao.actarg.com 2.0.36 #3 Tue Apr 6 14:20:35 MDT 1999 i686 unknown

Problem Description:
--------------------
If a single quote is left unmatched in the query, the parser
seems to throw away the rest of the line without detecting
an error.

If the quote appears before a where clause, the results can
be disasterous as the whole table might be deleted, updated,
etc.

Test Case:
----------
Enter a select like this:
select * from mytable where id = 1234;
You should get only one record.

Now put in an errant single quote:
select * from mytable' where id = 1234;
Now you get the whole table.  This should really be a
syntax error of some kind.

If the query is a delete or an update, this can be a nasty
problem.

Solution:
---------
I suppose the parser should check at the end of the command
to see if any unterminated quoted material is still pending.