Re: [PORTS] trouble with OpenBSD

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [PORTS] trouble with OpenBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
> Thanks for your response. How do I find out when the patched package will
> be released (I subscribe to announce -- is that enough?).

Yes.

> About HAS_TEST_AND_SET: it sounds like OpenBSD should use it. I'll check
> the port and make sure it's defining the right os/architecture.

Unless you are using a new cpu, you should already have test-and-set for
that platform.  The solution has been to define separate template/*
files for each os/cpu combination to be sure the proper combination gets
used.  However, the actual locking test is done in
include/storage/s_lock.h, and it checks for various cpu types.  Not sure
how your locking define is getting set.

> Ciao!
>  --Louis
>
> Louis Bertrand  <louis@bertrandtech.on.ca>
> Bertrand Technical Services, Bowmanville, ON, Canada
> Tel: +1.905.623.8925  Fax: +1.905.623.3852
>
> OpenBSD: Secure, Robust, Free Operating System
> <http://www.openbsd.org/>  <mailto:louis@openbsd.org>
>

> On Sat, 26 Jun 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > > I made one patch so far in src (-m486 won't fly on non-i386 hardware):
> > >
> > > *** template/openbsd.orig       Thu Jun 24 03:19:42 1999
> > > --- template/openbsd    Thu Jun 24 03:20:15 1999
> > > ***************
> > > *** 1,6 ****
> > >   AROPT:cq
> > >   SHARED_LIB:-fpic -DPIC
> > > ! CFLAGS:-O2 -m486 -pipe
> > >   SRCH_INC:
> > >   SRCH_LIB:
> > >   USE_LOCALE:no
> > > --- 1,6 ----
> > >   AROPT:cq
> > >   SHARED_LIB:-fpic -DPIC
> > > ! CFLAGS:-O2 -pipe
> > >   SRCH_INC:
> > >   SRCH_LIB:
> > >   USE_LOCALE:no
> >
> > Applied.
> >
> > > My build starts getting into trouble with
> > > src/backend/storage/buffer/buf_init.c:
> > >
> > > cc -I../../../include -I../../../backend   -I/usr/local/include -O2 -pipe
> > > -I../.
> > > .   -c buf_init.c -o buf_init.o
> > > buf_init.c: In function `InitBufferPool':
> > > buf_init.c:241: `WaitCLSemId' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > > buf_init.c:241: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> > > buf_init.c:241: for each function it appears in.)
> > > gmake[3]: *** [buf_init.o] Error 1
> > >
> > > To me it looks like you're missing a declaration, referring to file
> > > bufmgr.c:
> > >  extern IpcSemaphoreId WaitCLSemId;
> > >
> > > I would add the line but I don't know if that's the real solution.
> >
> > Yes, add them.  My new buf_init.c shows:
> >

> >     #ifndef HAS_TEST_AND_SET
> >         {
> >             int         status;
> > -->            extern IpcSemaphoreId WaitIOSemId;
> > -->            extern IpcSemaphoreId WaitCLSemId;
> >
> >             WaitIOSemId =
> >     IpcSemaphoreCreate(IPCKeyGetWaitIOSemaphoreKey(key),
> >
> > I will add it to the main source tree.  We don't have many people using
> > HAS_TEST_AND_SET as undefined.
> >
> > --
> >   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
> >   maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610) 853-3000
> >   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  830 Blythe Avenue
> >   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026

Сообщение: Re: [PORTS] trouble with OpenBSD
Сообщение: Re: [PORTS] trouble with OpenBSD