Port Bug Report: Exception thrown by JDBC driver - it says to report it.

От Unprivileged user
Тема Port Bug Report: Exception thrown by JDBC driver - it says to report it.
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name               : Rachel Greenham
Your email address      : rachel@enlarion.demon.co.uk

Category                : unknown
Severity                : critical

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : Linux 2.0.36 ELF

  PostgreSQL version : 6.5

  Compiler used      : egcs-2.91.60

Hardware:
---------
SuSE 6.0 AMD K6-2/333 128Mb RAM
Linux data 2.0.36 #8 Sat May 1 15:09:56 GMT+1 1999 i586 unknown

Versions of other tools:
------------------------
GNU Make version 3.76.1
java 1.2 pre2, both native and green threads

Problem Description:
--------------------
Error: Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail. Please

Entire back-end seemed to die spontaneously, doing stuff it
had done happily before - only select operations btw. Attempted restarts
and it remains unreliable, sometimes working sometimes giving other
errors eg:

Error: An I/O error has occured while flushing the output - {1}
(postgresql.util.PSQLException)

BTW, our disk is not full.

It may be a problem with the JDBC driver, as queries that are
now failing in my servlet work fine from psql, on the other
hand, Postgres (postmaster) itself died during the initial
error and there's been weirdness since on trying to start and
stop it.

Test Case:
Unknown. It seems to have suddenly gone non-deterministic
Sorry!

Solution:
---------
Unknown. I've just attempted another restart of both Postgres
and the servlet engine (JRunPro) and now it seems
fine. I can't see a pattern to it. I shall continue to try
to find one.