signal weirdness

От Peter Galbavy
Тема signal weirdness
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi folks,

I am trying to get a version (any version !) of PostgreSQL running
on OpenBSD 2.4 upwards, but I am getting some weird behaviour with
the SIGQUIT in elog():

from kdump:

21633 postgres RET   write 56/0x38
21633 postgres CALL  sendto(0x4,0x125640,0x3a,0,0,0)
21633 postgres GIO   fd 4 wrote 58 bytes     "EERROR:  destroydb: database 'regression' does not exist      \0"
21633 postgres RET   sendto 58/0x3a
21633 postgres CALL  kill(0x5481,0x3)
21633 postgres RET   kill -1 errno 1 Operation not permitted
21633 postgres CALL  sigprocmask(0x1,0)
21633 postgres RET   sigprocmask 0
21633 postgres CALL  sigsuspend(0)

For those who cannot read hex, FYI 0x5481 == 21633. What this basically
means that the process is getting permission denied sending a signal
to itself. Hmm. This is with a snapshot from a few days agao, but
the results are identical for 6.4.2 as well.

Oh, the result - the regression tests hang waiting for the postgres
process to receive the SIGQUIT to abort transaction that never
comes.

The OpenBSD folks don't seem to be bothered. I have RTFM, APUE and
kern_sig.c in OpenBSD - no joy. Any ideas anyone ? Seen this before ?

Is it some bizarre interaction of sigprocmask() or whatever ?

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy
Knowledge Matters Ltd